SAVE MYSORE LAMPS TO SAVE ENERGY,ENVIRONMENT AND MONEY
World over LEDs have been accepted to revolutionize lighting industry. The sheer economics of replacing existing lighting devices with LEDs is bound to happen every where.How this helps revival of Mysore Lamps? The following gives an idea about short term revival plan.
1. Even though the ESCOMS (Electricity Companies ) in Karnataka have abundant data over years to show that the consumption by the poorest domestic category (Bhagya Jyoti and Kutir Jyoti consumers) does not exceed 9 units, to loot money from the Government ,they are claiming subsidy stating that 18 units of power is supplied to each of the poorest households every month.There are about 1.5 million BJ/KJ households in Karnataka alone. There are about 4.5 million domestic consumers cross subsidized but consuming about 20 units per month. The short term revival plan addresses both these categories.The replacement with LED bulbs can be executed over a two year period using Fair price shops and other agencies.Of course Mysore Lamps will only assemble the components and not manufacture any components. Mysore Lamps had showed the path to the country about 70 years back, and can do similar thing now and lead the country to save energy, environment and money
2. The bulbs in the poorest houses were to be replaced by CFL as per the Board decisions and the recommendations of MD, Mysore Lamps when he was in charge of the Reforms of Power Sector. This would have brought down the consumption by BJ/KJ to about 3 units per month
3.The LEDs bulb can bring down the consumption to less than two unit per month (8 hours use per day)
4. The financial implications of the above with LEDs is as follows assuming two LEDs bulbs will be used:
A. The savings in energy per household per month = 14 units
B. Savings per year=14X12 units= 164 units (say 150 units)
C. Savings for 1.5 million users per year= 225 million units
D. Amount saved in not purchasing costly power per year at Rs 6 per unit = 1300MillionRs (130 crores) to the Public
E. Amount saved to Government per year as it has to pay subsidy for only 4 units per month against 18 units claimed (even though the average is only 9 units) = Rs 3.5per unit X 1.5 Million consumers X 14 units per month X 12 months= 882 Million RS (88.2 crores)
Total savings per year (D+ E) = 2850 Million Rs (218.2 crores)
F. Assuming two free LEDs bulbs will given to each house holds at Rs 100 per bulb, total cost
for 1.5 Million households = 15 crores(One time investment - one bulb in the first year,another in the second year)
G other expenses for revival of Mysore Lamps = 15 crores per year(taken on the very high side)
H. Net profit to Government = 88.2 crores - 30 crores=58.2 crores
I. Net savings to Government and the Public(D+H)= 1882 Million Rs (188.2 crores)
5. There are about 4.5 million other domestic consumers who get cross subsidy and their average consumption of about 20 units can be brought down to about 10 units per month(4 LED bulbs). Using the same argument above savings in avoiding purchase of costly power per year will be about 260 crores
and savings to consumers providing cross subsidy would be about Rs 80 crores. TOTAL SAVINGS FROM THIS CATEGORY ALONE IS RS 340 CRORES.
6. Total savings from 4&5 above is 522.2 crores every year
7. Even assuming only 20% will be achieved by the end of the First year and 30% will be achieved by the end of two year period the savings will be Rs 260 crores. If this is not in public interest what else will be? This is more than enough to revive not just Mysore Lamps but other closed companies also.Most probably this is what frightned those who want to sell the land of Mysore Lamps ignoring the Public interest by misleading everyone. SO SAVE MYSORE LAMPS TO SAVE ENERGY , ENVIRONMENT AND MONEY
8. An international exhibition of LEDs manufacturer from all over the world will be arranged at Mysore Lamps premises and Mysore Lamps will not spend any money on this exhibition also
9. Medium (energy saving Street Lights and borewells) and long term plans (Setting up talukwise LEDs assembling units) will be put on this website later.
10. Llink to this site is being sent to all experts and manufacturer of LEDs all over the world for their comments and suggestions.
11. Regulatory Commission should only fix the intensity of light to be given to the poorest and not units per month to rapidly promote the highest energy saving,money saving and environmentally safe lighting product.
12. GOVERNMENT IS NOT EXPECTED TO PAY EVEN A SINGLE PAISA OTHER THAN ALLOWING THE COMPANY TO FUNCTION USING THE MONEY ALREADY FALSELY CLAIMED YEAR AFTER YEAR IN THE NAME OF GIVING ELECTRICITY TO THE POOREST