Proceedings of the Board Meetings will be put here as and when they are held and this will be in addition to the direct webcast of the Board Meeting.
As none of the Directors turned up for the meeting, Board Meeting Is reconvened at 11.30 am on 30/4/07. Agenda is the same as that for 26/4/07 Board meeting. Arrangements for webcast were made on 26/4/07
Proceedings of the Board Meeting of Mysore Lamps held on 30/4/07 at 11.30 am at the residence of the Managing Director,
Sri M.N.Vijayakumar, IAS
Even though the Managing Director had informed the Principal Secretary twice on 23/4/07 about the Board meeting to be held on 26/4/07 none of the board of Directors attended the meeting. The agenda and notes were put on this web site http://nomyslamps.wikidot.com and the Principal secretary C&I Department was requested to put one of his staff to daily visit the web site and inform the Board of Directors. It is also to be noted that the holding of the Board Meeting also appeared in Deccan Herald and Prajavani on 24/4/07. The Principal Secretary C&I Department was specifically requested to inform the Board of Directors about the meeting and also to give phone number, address to the Board of Directors. The Principal secretary had been repeatedly informed about the malicious intention with which Sri M.N.Vijayakumar was posted and in view of no supporting staff or facilities and because of threats to him for having reported serious corrupt practices of senior IAS officers involving crores of rupees, that he would be working from home and also holding the Board Meeting at his residence. It is also verified from the File Monitoring system on the Government of Karnataka website (which is accessible to any one) the following pertaining to C&I Department.
It is also further seen that FILE HAS BEEN OPENED ON THE RECEIPT OF BOTH LETTERS ON 24/4/07 ITSELF by the C&I department.
In spite of all these no Board of Director turned up for the Meeting on 26/4/07and hence the Board Meeting was reconvened on 30/4/07 at MD’S residence at 11.30 am with same agenda and notes already made available on the web site. Arrangements had been made for web casting the Meeting. Principal Secretary C&I department was informed through email and through this website all these developments and he was once again asked to instruct the Board of Directors to take the meeting seriously and attend on 30.4/07. It is to be noted till 30/4/07 i.e, after a lapse of more than two months after posting Sri M.N.Vijayakumar, no facilities or staff have been provided.
On 30/4/07 again no Board of Director attended the meeting and this fact was repeatedly web casted. Also important extracts from the letters addressed to the Principal Secretary since 27/2/07 were also shown. These letters had also been sent to the Chief Secretary also. All these developments further confirmed the fact that the posting to Mysore Lamps as full time MD has been done with malicious intentions only and not done in the interest of Mysore Lamps. But Sri VijayaKumar also sought information under the RTI Act and as the PIO failed to give the information, an appeal was filed with the Karnataka Information Commission and on the direction of the Commission some information has been given (most of it again totally wrong as can be seen from this Board decisions.) The decision to hold the Board meeting was taken after the receipt of the partial incorrect information to the application made under RTI Act. As per the reply everything has been left to the MD. As no Board of Directors attended the Meeting in spite of all arrangements made, it was interpreted that MD is the sole Member of the Board and following decisions were taken on the agenda items.
1. Sri M.N.Vijayakumar who was appointed as the full time Managing Director of the closed Mysore Lamps has taken the following action so far.
A. Information was received on 24/2/07 at 4.30 pm that Sri M.N.Vijayakumar’s transfer to the post of Principal secretary, Department of Public Enterprises was modified to protect Mr X, one of the most corrupt officers. He immediately informed the Chief Secretary in writing that he has been posted as full time Managing Director of the closed Mysore Lamps which post was held as an additional charge by a non-IAS officer very junior to him. Sri Vijayakumar in spite of these asked the C&I department to propose the terms and conditions of deputation so that he can do something to revive the closed company. Considering the fact that the Company owes lot of money to workers, creditors and lenders and further that the Government had repeatedly expressed its inability to revive the following requests are made.
I In the absence of any fund, facilities and staff and because of threats to Sri M.N.Vijayakumar for having reported serious corrupt practices of senior IAS officers involving crores of rupees, he is continuously working from home and also holding the Board Meeting at his residence. If any of the Board of Directors had attended this Meeting Sri Vijayakumar would have played to them recordings about confirmation of threats by both the State police and another Agency.
|In view of the above, it is unanimously resolved that the C&I Department which has sought the services of Sri M.N.Vijayakumar should make arrangements for security when his posting has made with malicious intention and as his services are sought by the C&I Department to harm him and not to help Mysore Lamps.|
II Regarding revival of Mysore Lamps
As revival of Mysore lamps is a decision to be taken by the Government keeping its sustainability, legal problems, financial requirement, various policies of the Government, hence the following
||In view of the above, it is unanimously resolved that the C&I Department should clearly make available to the MD the intention of the Government to revive Mysore Lamps by providing copies of the Government order to revive the company, financial arrangements made clearly indicating the budgetary support, strategy and action plan for revival, man power and machinery needed, meeting the obligations to workers, creditors and financial institutions. If any consultancy reports on the above are available the same should be also made available to the MD immediately. If none of them are available, it would not be proper to appoint an MD and ask him to manage without providing anything. In spite of all these If C&I Department wants Sri M.N.Vijayakumar to work in Mysore Lamps, his postings should be designated as Special Officer for revival of closed Companies and he should be provided sufficient funds and delegated with powers to take officers and staff of his choice and also to make suitable facilitites. Sri M.N.Vijayakumar should be allowed to revive closed companies as per his suggestions given in his letter to the C&I department on 28/2/07 itself.||
III Sri M.N.Vijayakumar had repeatedly brought to the notice of the Principal secretary C&I department to instruct Sri Somanna to get asset verification done as per the DPE guidelines and also to post Sri Somanna as a full time officer to assist Sri M.N.Vijayakumar, in the interest of revival and hence the following
|In view of the above, it is unanimously resolved that Sri Somanna should be continued to be in charge of whatever he is doing so far and further should be appointed as full time officer to assist Sri M.N.Vijayakumar. The Principal Secretary though requested many times, has not issued necessary orders so far. The Principal Secretary was also requested to direct Sri Somanna to take up asset verification as per the guidelines issued by the Department of Public Enterprises but he has not done the same so far. C&I Department is requested to issue an order immediately posting Sri Somanna to assist Sri M.N.Vijayakumar. Sri Somanna was expected to brief the Board on this but has remained absent.|
IV Regarding terms and Conditions of Sri M.N.Vijayakumar,IAS, as this is not a normal deputation for reasons already given, hence the following
|In view of the above, it is unanimously resolved that the terms and conditions proposed by Sri M.N.Vijayakumar,IAS in his letter dated 28/2/07 sent to C&I Department should be accepted and necessary order should be issued.|
V any other subject
The information given by the PIO C&I department as per the directions of the Karnataka Information commission, on the appeal filed by Sri M.N.Vijaykumar,IAS following observations are made:
i The acceptance of posting by the C&I department is done to support the malicious decision of the DPAR. If it had been done in the interest of Mysore Lamps, his consent would have been taken, C&I Department would not have taken almost one and a half month to issue reposting order and DPAR would not have taken such a long time to issue the terms and conditions of deputation, which does not help Sri M.N.Vijayakumar as Mysore Lamps has no funds at its disposal to meet his salary etc.
ii In the absence of any clarity on the part of the Government on the fate of Mysore lamps and with no funds at disposal , it makes no sense to say that MD has to make arrangements to provide facilities
iii C&I Department has totally ignored policies of the Government regarding closed companies.
In view of the above following
|In view of the above, it is unanimously resolved that the information given by the PIO C&I department is totally wrong in as much as it requires the MD to make arrangements or stating that Mysore Lamps will provide it. It is also resolved to send a copy of this to the Karnataka Information Commission.|
The meeting concluded and the next Board Meeting is fixed on 4/5/07 with only one agenda item that is to confirm the proceedings of the Board Meeting held on 30/4/07
1. Sri P.B.mahishi,IAS, Chief secretary, Govt Of Karnataka, Vidhana Soudha , Bangalore for necessary action
2. Sri. K.M.Shivkumar,IAS, Principal secretary, C&I Department, Vikasa Soudha, Bangalore for necessary action and to send copies to all concerned
3. The Secretary, Karnataka Information Commission, MS Building, Bangalore with a request to place it before the Commission immediately.
Proceedings of the Board Meeting of Mysore lamps held on 4/4/07 at 11.30 am at the residence of Sri M.N.Vijayakumar,IAS,MD
1. In the proceedings of the Board Meeting held on 30/4/07 itself, it was decided to hold the next Board Meeting on 4/5/07 at 11.30 am at the residence of the Managing Director Sri M.N.Vijayakumar,IAS, to confirm the proceedings of the 30/4/07 Board Meeting. Immediately after the Board Meeting, proceedings were put on this website and hard copies were delivered to the Principal Secretary, C&I Department and the Chief Secretary to Government of Karnataka for taking further action as per the proceedings
2. Sri M.N.Vijayakumar also briefed the Board about the developments that have taken so far starting from the malicious transfer made on 24/2/07 to prevent him from giving a transparent system which would have enabled to expose the corrupt also. This was mainly done to protect the corrupt and to harm Sri M.N.Vijayakumar for reporting serious corrupt practices of senior IAS officers causing crores of rupees loss to the public and those corrupt officers have been allowed to continue to cause further loss to the public. Because of this Sri M.N.Vijayakumar is facing many threats which he has brought to the notice of the Chief Secretary many times in writing. Please visit the website http://bngregcommr.freespaces.com for more details. Both the Chief Secretary and the Principal were requested in writing by Sri M.N.Vijayakumar, to provide office space and staff on 28/2/07 so that he could start plugging loop holes to generate funds for revival of closed companies and asked his terms and conditions of deputation to be suitably made to provide all facilities and staff as Mysore Lamps is totally bankrupt and is not at all able to give him any of the facilities sought by him. Till today none of the facilities sought by Sri M.N.Vijayakumar have been provided. Because of these (total lack of facilities and threats) Sri M.N.Vijayakumar informed both the C&I Department and the Chief Secretary that he would work from home. He also informed that the Principal Secretary was repeatedly informed not to accept his posting blindly as it was done with criminal intention. He also informed the Principal Secretary C&I Department and the Chief Secretary about his plan to plug loop holes to prevent corrupt practices to revive closed companies and these would have generated enough funds to revive not only just Mysore Lamps but also other closed companies. .Sri M.N.Vijayakumar also briefed the Board that when reposting order was issued without application of mind and as he did not get any facilities he had to resort to seek information by using the RTI Act He made an application on 29/3/07 to the PIO, C&I Department seeking information within 48 hours on the grounds of corruption and threats. As he did not get any information, he filed an appeal with the Information Commission. Appeal was heard on 13/4/07 and the PIO was directed to furnish information before 18/4/07 and the PIO was directed to appear again on 23/4/07 to confirm whether all information sought has been given. On 18/4/07, the PIO gave partial reply (most of it again are wrong). But the PIO did not appear before the Commission on 23/4/07. Sri M.N.Vijayakumar brought to the notice of the Commission the incorrectness of the replies by filing a written submission. In the submission he had clearly indicated that because of lack of facilities and threats, he is holding the Board Meeting at his residence. The Commission ordered both C&I Department and the DPAR to provide information sought and the next date of hearing is on 5/5/07.
3. After these information were provided by Sri M.N.Vijayakumar, the Board unanimously resolved the following
1. Board confirmed the proceedings of the Board Meeting held on 30/5/07
2. Board noted the efforts made by Sri M.N.Vijayakumar to inform the Board of Directors through the creation of website http://nomyslamps.wikidot.com/ and news paper reports and his letters to the Principal Secretary C&I Department from 27/2/07 till now for revival of the Company.
3. Board specifically wanted to confirm that the Company is in no position to provide Sri M.N.Vijayakumar who is a Principal Secretary Grade officer any of the facilities befitting him Board also noted that for the same reason the Board never had a full time MD as it could not provide salary and other facilities to even a very junior officer like Sri Somanna and that is the reason why he was holding it as additional charge.
4. Board also agreed that the posting has been done without application of mind and that Principal Secretary C&I Department has blindly accepted his deputation again with bad intention in spite of Sri M.N.Vijakumar bringing to notice of the C&I Dept in writing many times since 27/2/07. Board agreed that Sri M.N.Vijayakumar is facing serious threats and that he should be provided with security by the Government as the Company is not in a position to do so.
5. Board also noted that as the Government itself has repeatedly submitted before the Court that the Company can not be revived there is nothing that Sri M.N.Vijayakumar can do as per the provisions of the Company Act.
6. Board also noted the serious lapses on the part of Sri Somanna for not taking up asset verification as per the circulars for closed companies issued by the Department of Public Enterprises. Board pressurizes the C&I Department to direct Sri Somanna to take immediate action.
7. Board also agreed that Sri Somanna should be continued and that he should be also posted as full time Director, if at all Government is serious about the Company.
8. As the company is totally bankrupt the Board agreed that the terms and conditions issued by the DPAR makes absolutely no sense. Government should formally come out as to whether it intends to revive the Company or wants it to be liquidated (as it had repeatedly requested the High court). Sri M.N.Vijayakumar as MD can not take any action in the absence of clear direction from the Government, which is the owner. Any revival should be talked about only after sorting out technical, man power, legal and financial issues. The Board has not been informed about these things nor has Sri M.N.Vijayakumar been informed about it as is evident from the fact that his consent was also not taken before posting him as full time MD. Terms and conditions issued for companies in operation, which at least can meet salary and other requirements can not be issued for a totally bankrupt closed company. The Board is left with no choice but to agree that the deputation of Sri M.N.Vijayakumar to the Company is done with malicious intentions. DPAR should immediately revise the terms and conditions of deputation keeping Government’s statement filed before the High Court. The Board also noted that the present terms and conditions of deputation issued by the DPAR and information given under RTI Act amount to contempt of Court
9. Board also agreed that it is the .DPAR which should make necessary arrangements to provide all facilities and supporting staff as DPAR has issued the order equating the post of MD with that of Principal Secretary Grade officer. Board makes it clear that the Company is so bankrupt that it is in no position to provide any facilities as per the terms and conditions of deputation. Board also notes that there is no rhyme or reason for posting a Principal Secretary Grade officer as a full time Managing Director when there is not even a single supporting staff or officer as admitted by the C&I Department itself (particularly when Government itself has stated before the High Court that it does not want to revive the Company). If Government is interested in revival Sri M.N.Vijayakumar should be empowered as agreed to by this Board in its 30/4/07 Meeting
10. Board noted the fact that the PIO, C&I Department in spite of all information available, has given wrong information to Sri M.N.Vijayakumar as is evident from the above.
The Board concluded the Meeting and sympathized with Sri M.N.Vijayakumar and authorized him fully to take any action in the interest of the Company and also in his own interest.
MN Vijayakumar, IAS
MD Mysore Lamps working from home
To: Sri KM Shivkumar, IAS
Principal Secretary C&I Dept, Vikasa Soudha
1. Sri PB Mahishi, IAS, Chief Secretary for necessary action
2. Hon'ble Justice Sri Santosh Hegde, Karnataka LOkayukta, for information
3. Sri KK Misra, Chief Information Commissioner, for information
Meeting held oudside Mysore Lamps
After holding detailed discussions with the workers , employees and officers who have approached the High Court against closure, following decisions were taken:
- As the bulding is constructed by Bharath Ratna Sir M. Visveswariah, to move the Government to delcare it as a heritage building
- To revive Mysore Lamps incorporating new energy saving products and to be funded by diverting false excess subsidy claimed by energy deapartment for power not supplied to the poorest people. Also generate more funds plugging loopholes(corrupt practices) in C&I Department as per MD's reports submitted to C&I department upto 5/4/07
- To lodge complaint against the Principal Secretary Sri K.M.Shivkumar , C&I Department and previous MD Sri Somanna, MLW with the Lokayukta for causing losses by their corrupt practices
- To confirm the online complaint lodged with the Yashvanthpur police station on 3/6/07 by identifying that it is the Chief Secretary who prevented the MD from discharging duties as a Government servant